Let’s speak about it a bit more…
Your Searches Are Encrypted End-to-End
As simple as that
We Don't Sell Your Data
Unlike many other search engines that do
Your Searches Are Safe
We Do NOT store any information about what you search, period
Chen Friedman is the creator and owner of “Sonmit”
Your privacy is very important to us. At Sonmit, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information we don’t need.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to provide our Services, comply with the law, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our Services.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Basis to Collect and Use Personal Data
We may collect and store different types of data:
- Anonymous device and behavioural data: We collect anonymous data from every visitor of the Website to monitor traffic and fix bugs. For example, we collect information like web requests, the data sent in response to such requests, the Internet Protocol address, the browser type, device information, and a timestamp for the request. This data is collected with legitimate interest to maintain and develop our product.
- Information you provide to us: We save information related to your behaviour on Sonmit, such as the the number tabs you open with Tab for a Cause, which charity partners you support, your account settings, and the users you refer to Tab for a Cause or Search for a Cause. In order to be able to save your profile and the settings associated with it, we ask you to log in and provide certain personal information, such as an email address. These are all essential data for providing our Services.
- Data from contracted partners: We work with partners who provide hardware and software services, such as as cloud storage and server services. We may store data collected by third party companies with whom we have contracted when it is with legitimate interest to maintain and develop our product.
You are able to request we delete your account and remove any personal data associated with your account. To do so, please contact us and we will follow up as soon as possible.
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. Sonmit does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide personal information to Sonmit without providing us with consent from your parents. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information and we do not have parental consent, we will immediately delete that child’s information. If you believe that company has been provided with the personal information of a child under the age of 13 without parental consent, please notify us immediately.
Sharing of Data
We do not share information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request
- doing so helps us provide our Services
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that it’s legally required
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security, or technical issues
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
To provide our Services, we may share data with third-party companies (for example, software providers and cloud storage services) with whom we’ve contracted. These companies are restricted from using the data in any other way than to provide services to us.
Some of the web search services provided herein are provided by providers of third party web search services.
We employ industry standard techniques to protect against unauthorized access of data that we store.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.